High 10 for Archie
Wood Group is throwing its energy, resources, fundraising capability, voluntary time, collective and creative brain power and every penny we can muster to support Aberdeen's "High 10 for Archie" campaign - which sets out to raise £1 million to transform the ten key steps of a child's journey through the Royal Aberdeen Children's Hospital.
The hospital is the primary care provider for sick kids in the whole of the North of Scotland, including the Western and Northern Isles, and has cared for more than 1 million children since it was first opened 10 years ago.
For anyone who is a parent, carer, auntie, uncle, cousin, sister, brother, grandparent or just a friend, of a child who has ever had to experience time in hospital, you'll appreciate the importance of making it the easiest, liveliest, colourful and fun environment it can be for the child who has to experience it.
For this reason, Wood Group has committed to raise £200,000 for the campaign. This money will be used to upgrade the garden and play areas in the front and rear areas of the hospital and also to significantly upgrade the reception area in order to make it a much more child friendly space.
If you want to know a little more about what we're seeking to achieve, I would encourage you to watch this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Qxo5zTFhsU&list=PLBmPiM7ob_WE2DQV4gNXRl45YxkslqGEp&feature=share
In the 6 short months since we made the commitment to help, we've raised over £80,000 and have a bucket load of plans for a number of events in the next 18 months to bring fundraising to life in every way we can.
I am writing to you about one particular event we have dreamt up - "Archie's Art".
We have a number of art enthusiasts, buyers, and those who appreciate art at Wood Group. This, and of course our desire to raise money for Archie's and bring some art to life for young children at the hospital, prompted the idea for Archie's Art.
We want to organise an event to showcase work from as many of the North and North East of Scotland's artists as are willing to participate, covering all styles and forms of contemporary art.
When: October 2014
Where: Wood Group Atrium - IQ building, 15 Justice Mill Lane, Aberdeen
But we're not just talking about a one hit wonder event, we have put some thought into this and would like to organise a showcase that comprises a number of tailored events including: a client evening - inviting a large group of senior representatives from our operating community to an evening of art, entertainment and networking; an evening(s) for Wood Group staff & families (note, we employ more than 10,000 people in the North East of Scotland); and with support from our communications & PR team, extend the invite to our friends in the local and national media.
Of course this is only possible with your help. We are really keen that Archie's Art showcases the incredible array of artistic talent that is abundant in the North and North East of Scotland and would be incredibly grateful if you might consider:
· Showcasing one of your pieces and in the event of a sale, agreeing to a percentage of the takings going to the High 10 for Archie campaign; or
· If you are able, donate a piece of your work for showcase & sale; and if you would like, attending one of the aforementioned events to talk with prospective buyers.
What you'll get in return (and things you might want to know given what we're asking from you):
• We can, with your permission, develop a website upon which details of your work and art can be uploaded - with visitors given the opportunity to reserve a piece online.
• My colleagues in the Wood Group Communication team in Aberdeen would work directly with you to allow you to take advantage of the multiple PR opportunities that will be available to you through Archie's Art.
• All works will be fully insured during their time with us. Our offices are subject to security arrangements 24/7.
• If more convenient for you, we will arrange for the pickup of your works.
• You will set the minimum prices of each of your works. If your works are not sold, they will be returned to you within 2 weeks of the show ending.
We are passionate about our Archie's campaign and I and my fellow members of the Archie's Art team are just as passionate about local art.
We really hope that this is something that you would be willing to consider, and look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.
With kind regards
Support our campaign to raise £200,000 to help make Aberdeen’s Children’s Hospital a better place….http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/WoodGroup10